Article information about Battery Maintenance
Battery Care and Maintenance.
Its important to follow these simple steps to look after your battery.
Love YOUR EBIKE Battery
- NEVER overcharge it. Different bike brands have different charging times so consult the handbook but the majority are fully charged in 5 to 6 hours.
- Use a Timer on your plug so you don’t accidentally overcharge it. Ask us as we sell the timers for £9.50
- If you are not going to be using your ebike you do not have to keep it fully charged, in fact the best amount is 80% charged.
- After you have been on a long ride and your battery is almost flat or is flat then put the battery on charge straight away.
- If you have not used your ebike for a month then give the battery a quick top up charge of about an hour.
- Just like humans your battery needs to be stored at around 20 degrees centigrade ( room temperature ) so not too hot or too cold but just warm.
- If you are removing your battery to charge it DO NOT drop it.
- If you want to clean your battery then you can use a damp cloth and you can put some electric contact spray on the electric points.
- Tyre Pressures need to be checked as if they are low it can cause the battery to drain significantly quicker. So check your tyre pressures before setting out.