E-Bike Warranty Information
Each bike brand carries its own warranty claim period. Luckily we dont see many issues with our bikes.
Typically all brands carry a mininum of 2 years warranty but some have 5 years on the frame and 2 years on battery and electric. In addition to an annual bike service as you would your car, the most important thing is to look after you battery especially when not in use. Below is a simple guide.
- NEVER overcharge it. Different bike brands have different charging times so consult the handbook but the majority are fully charged in 5 to 6 hours.
- Use a Timer on your plug so you don’t accidentally overcharge it. Ask us as we sell the timers for £9.50
- If you are not going to be using your ebike you do not have to keep it fully charged, in fact the best amount is 80% charged.
- After you have been on a long ride and your battery is almost flat or is flat then put the battery on charge straight away.
- If you have not used your ebike for a month then give the battery a quick top up charge of about an hour.
- Just like humans your battery needs to be stored at around 20 degrees centigrade ( room temperature ) so not too hot or too cold but just warm.
- If you are removing your battery to charge it DO NOT drop it.
- If you want to clean your battery then you can use a damp cloth and you can put some electric contact spray on the electric points.
- Tyre Pressures need to be checked as if they are low it can cause the battery to drain significantly quicker. So check your tyre pressures before setting out.