Terms & Conditions
Please read this information carefully before booking.
- These terms and conditions are between UK Electric Bike Centre (referred throughout as UKEBC) and the person hiring the bikes and/or any other member(s) of the group (referred throughout as the Customer). UKEBC and the Customer are the only parties to this agreement, even if a reservation for the bike(s) may have been arranged by a third party or if a third party has paid for all or part of the hire. The Customer is the sole lessee and is solely responsible for compliance with all terms and conditions contained herein.
- The use of the word “Equipment” refers to all items hired and includes cycles, helmets, children’s’ buggies, baby seats and tag-alongs etc, panniers, locks and any other items owned by UKEBC.
- This agreement and the rights of the parties under it shall be governed by English law.
- Anyone riding an electric bike must be over the age of 14. Persons over the age of 14 but under the age of 16 must have the written permission of a parent or guardian to ride an electric bike. Anyone over the age of 14 but under the age of 16 must also provide evidence of proficiency to ride on the road, if required to do so.
- Anyone riding an electric or pedal bike must be physically fit enough to ride a bicycle and also reasonably competent to ride on the road. Customers may be asked to demonstrate that they are competent.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that the bicycle is in proper working order before the hire takes place; this includes brakes, lights, steering, tyres and pedals. If the Customer is worried about any aspect of the bicycle then this must be reported immediately to UKEBC and another bike may be allocated.
Hire Charge and Deposit
- The customer agrees to pay a 50% deposit to confirm the booking. The balance for the booking is due on or before the hire day. If the booking is made within 1 week of the hire, the full payment is due. Prices include VAT.
- The customer agrees to pay a refundable £250 bike deposit on or before the day of the booking (1 payment per group). This payment is in the form of a credit or debit card pre-authorisation. The details are stored securely and the payment will be refunded when all the bikes and equipment are returned to the hire centre in a satisfactory condition (ordinary wear and tear excepted). The Customer is responsible for any damage and any repair costs will be deducted from the bike deposit. If there is a shortfall then the Customer is liable for the difference. Examples: cost of new bike – up to £1000, cost of lock £39.99, cost of helmet £19.99.
- If not covered under Household or Travel Insurance, the Customer may want to take out a relevant Insurance Policy. If no insurance is taken out, the Customer will be liable for any loss or damage to the Equipment.
- Proof of Customer identity may be requested when hiring, eg driving licence, passport or photo id. UKEBC reserves the right not to hire to an individual.
- A helmet is provided free of charge for every customer. UKEBC strongly recommends that it is worn at all times when riding the bikes. All persons aged 17 or younger MUST wear a helmet whilst cycling.
- Cycling can be dangerous and has risks involved. By agreeing to these terms and conditions the Customer is agreeing to ride carefully at all times. Please listen to the Safety Brief and read the Safety Notes provided. Cycle sensibly, with respect for others and the environment. You are expected to follow the Highway Code.
- The Customer agrees that he/she will not operate the bike or permit the bike to be operated whilst unfit through drink or drugs or medication that could affect his/her ability to ride safely.
- UKEBC, its employees and/or directors cannot be held liable for any injury to the Customer and/or any injury or damage to a third party.
- All equipment must be locked to a permanent fixture whenever left unattended. The bikes should be locked using the lock supplied (1 lock between 2 bikes) through the frame of the bike(s) and then to a permanent fixture. Theft of an inadequately secured bike will be the responsibility of the Customer.
- The Customer agrees not to use a bike for onward hire or reward, nor use it in violation of any law, ordinance or regulation, nor remove it from England, Scotland or Wales (without prior written consent of UKEBC.
During the Hire
- The Customer should note that the rear rack is intended to carry light goods only. Do not fill with heavy items as this may affect your balance and steering control as well as safety and comfort.
- If any of the working parts should become defective whilst riding, the Customer should STOP and call UKEBC who will assist, either to advise or to make a repair or to issue another bike.
- The Equipment should not be used for racing, mountain bike riding, stunt or trick riding or for any other purpose other than riding to and from a destination.
- In the event of a puncture or burst tyre, the Customer should STOP riding and either use the puncture sealant provided, as demonstrated at the bike centre, or call UKEBC for assistance.
- If the Equipment is returned late, UKEBC may levy a late return charge of £10 per bike.
- If the Equipment is returned early there will be no refund.
- If required to collect any bikes from another location, UKEBC reserves the right to make a charge for this, up to £100.
All cancellations are subject to a £25 administration fee. In general, the remainder of the hire charge is refundable as follows:
More than 60 days: 100%
Between 30-59 days: 50%
Between 15-29 days: 25%
0-14 days: No refund
If the Customer is unable to hire due to illness or other serious reason, the hire may be transferred to another date agreed between the Customer and UKEBC.
If the weather is forecast to be heavy rain, then the Customer and UKEBC may discuss the hire and decide to either postpone the hire or, if this is not possible, to cancel the hire, in which case a 100% refund will be given (less the administration fee). Light rain or showers will not be considered a reason to cancel.